Fired Up Studios members are typically working adults who range from the beginner who has taken a couple of classes to full-time art professionals. We offer three types of membership:
- Studio Membership: designed for artists who need access to equipment and a place to work and get their work fired.
- Firing Membership: designed for artists who work from home but need a place to have their pieces bisque and/or glaze fired.
All our memberships include bisque firing and access to our 30 glazes. Whatever type and level of membership, all our members become part of a community that is passionate about the clay arts.
Gift Certificates Available
Introduce your friends to the joys of making pottery. It's the perfect gift for someone who has everything.
One of the most important benefits Fired Up Studios provides is its community with which you can become involved. Members at Fired Up Studios are very respectful of other members' time and work. You will have the option to work independently, uninterrupted, or to share techniques on throwing, glazing, or tips and tricks.
Fired Up Studios members also work together to keep our studio a great place. Everyone does their part to keep our common equipment and space in good order. This is not to say that things don't get messy; they just don't stay that way. We believe that a clean and tidy work place is more comfortable to work in and improves the creative process.
The studio staff move work through the kilns in a very orderly manner according to rules which apply to all. Whether you are an accomplished studio potter or a hobbyist who is still learning, your pieces are treated with the same respect and consideration.
If you are interested in membership, stop in for a personal tour during office hours. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. If you come, you won't need much help from us to fall in love with Fired Up.
There are a few requirements you must fulfill to become a member at Fired Up Studios:
- Fired Up Studios is an adults-only facility. You must be at lest 21 years of age.
- You must read and sign our membership agreement. This is a very straight-forward document that outlines our expectations and responsibilities.
- You are expected to follow our studio rules. These rules maximize our members' freedom to create while ensuring that this flexibility does not intrude on other members' positive experience at Fired Up Studios.
- We now require you to allow us to charge your credit card or debit your bank account for any services you use at Fired Up Studios, including membership fees, clay purchases, and firing services. Charges are assessed monthly on the anniversary of your start date.
- Unless your are enrolled in one of our classes (Student Membership), you must have taken at least one pottery class outside of high school. You need to know basic skills in order to enjoy the Fired Up experience. Basically, you need to be able to work independently without instruction.
- If you use clay or glazes that are not provided at Fired Up Studios, you must guarantee that the clay and glazes you use can be safely fired to cone 6 or 10. Students are required to use clay and glazes provided by Fired Up Studios. All members are responsible for knowing which firing and glazes (cone 6 or 10) will be best for their work.
- You must clean up after yourself, leaving all areas you have used clean and ready for the next person.
- You must respect other members' work, time and space.
- This means allowing others to work without interruption (wait until a person is done at the wheel or speaks to you first). Conversation is encouraged to take place in the "chat area" so you won't disturb someone working.
- Cell phone conversations are prohibited in the working area of the studio. You may answer your phone, but then move to the chat area or hallway for your conversation.
- It is absolutely forbidden to touch anyone's work on any shelf (work shelf, bisque shelf, raw glazed shelf, post-glaze firing shelf) without their direct permission. Work displayed in the gallery is, of course, very touchable.
- We request that you pick up your work (both bisque and finished) on a timely manner.